Monday, May 12, 2008

Week10: Mashups




















Warholized Winter Trees:



















From the family album:



I had a lot of fun this week. Google Maps has long been a favourite of mine. I am always consulting it whilst researching the family history. Google Earth is extraordinary. It is great to be able to pinpoint a house in a street. After visiting my son in London I was able to show my other son exactly where he lived and where we caught the bus, train etc. and also the places of interest nearby.

Big Huge Labs!! What a wonderful tool. I think I will go through all my old photos. What a great way to present them. I can see endless opportunities for its use in Libraries. From presentation of library information, displays and advertising. It makes everything more professional. There are just so many different ways it can be used from the serious to to the "just for fun". I enjoyed experimenting with the Warholizer until I finally found a result I was happy with.

No comments: