Friday, May 9, 2008

Week 9: Podcasts and Audio

This session has been quite a revelation to me. Not having an iPod I didn't realise the extent of its usefulness. I assumed it was only for downloading music but after looking at the possibilities during these exercises I think I will put an iPod on my "wish list". After looking at the selection of podcasts from the British Library and the ABC I found that they covered a large range of subjects.

I can definitely see the advantage of podcasts and audios for the library. From training sessions, author talks, storytime, local history and general information. Promoting the library is also a possibility.

There would be a need though to advertise or promote the fact that they are available and how to access them. Also for them to be effective it would be necessary for the information to be kept up to date.

No comments: